Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Swing Bag and a Batik Ruffled Tote



Two new bags have just been finished for Loribelle Bags! The first one is a style I've shared before in THIS post. It's a Ruffled Market Tote. This one is designed with batiks and some mottled pink fabric for contrast. Like the original, this has the adjustable elastic tie that can be tightened to keep items in the bag tighter or loosened to allow you to access the bag completely. Outside you'll find a pocket for the essentials (digging for that cell phone on the bottom of your purse is never fun!). Inside are 2 large slip pockets on one side and 3 slightly smaller ones on the opposite side. The quilting on this one is different. This is free motion quilting in a meandering style (no particular pattern). This will go on my Etsy site soon for $35.00.



Next is a "prototype" for a swing bag a friend ordered. There are a lot of changes to be made to this bag from the sample you see here. I'm not even showing you the lining b/c it was really just thrown in and is not neat like I'd like it to be. I made this from scratch without any pattern so I was mainly working on getting the pieces to fit well and get the zipper in. The real bag will have a zippered pocket on the flap and a zippered pocket on the back of the bag. It will also have rounded corners. Plus, the flap will actually fit the bag and there will be real straps! LOL!

See if you can find the "hidden message" on the flap and why it's there. : )

Thank you for stopping by my website!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE!
    Really, what more can I say! I love your bags!

    ReplyDelete