Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Patchwork Bag






This bag is a variation of one I made last fall. If you go to my post HERE and scroll down you will see the pink/black zebra/polka-dot version. I'll add dimensions tomorrow, but will say for now that it is a VERY roomy bag. I've added slip pockets on both sides. One is a large single slip pocket and the other is divided into 3 sections, with one being slender for a pen and the others large enough for a cell phone or checkbook.

The quilting on this bag has some variations. You'll need to click on the close ups to see the details of the quilting. On the sides I did the standard "grid" quilting that I have done up to this point on my quilted bags. However, on the front and back I tried some new styles. I used a decorative stitch on the small patch with the "patchwork" look built into the fabric. I made one big X on the other top patch. Then on the lower patch I did a variation of free motion quilting. I followed the vines on the fabric to add a different look.

This bag will be on my Etsy site on Monday. If you would like to purchase it before then, you can leave a comment after this post. This bag is $30. As always, it can also be custom designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment